Travel News & Tips
To travel internationally a passport is required.
- It takes 6 to 8 weeks to get a new passport or renew your passport, so time is ticking.
- If you already have a passport be sure to check the expiration date as you will not be allowed to travel with a passport that is expired or soon to expire
New Passport or Passport Renewal
Step 1: Please visit the US Passports website to begin application.
Step 2: Follow the on-line prompts. You will need to fill-out / have the following:
- Form DS-11 (available on-line) - fill out but do not sign.
- A passport photo - you can get a passport photo at Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, FedEx, UPS, and some post offices.
- Proof of identity document (i.e., your birth certificate) with a photocopy of the front and back
- Proof of citizenship document (i.e.,your driver’s license) with a photocopy of the front and back
- Passport fees (check or money order)
Step 3: Go to the post office to turn in your paperwork.