Instrumental Student Scholarships
The West Michigan Concert Winds and the Community Foundation for Muskegon County are proud to offer a variety of scholarships to middle and high school students. Instrumental players in grades 6-8 and grade 12 are eligible.
Scholarship Information & Audition Requirements
- 2 - $250 Middle School Scholarships to be used as subsidies to attend Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp in Twin Lake, Michigan.
No audition required - however you MUST have a letter of recommendation from your band director, either in writing attached to the application, or have your band director contact Mrs. Brechting at 616-502-0554 to speak on your behalf.
Deadline for this is March 1st, 2022.
High School - Seniors ONLY
- 1-$1000 grant for the next 4 years, equaling a total of $4000.
- 1- $500 one-time grant
High School Scholarship Requirements
- Must be a HS Senior
- Must live in and attend a HS in Muskegon County
- Must be planning to enroll in a college or university school of music
Virtual HS Auditions
Deadline for application and video performance/audition - Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
Virtual Audition Requirements
- Recording of Solo with accompaniment - video preferred
- Before you begin please state your name, school, title of piece
- Email this to: email@example.com
Live/In-Person HS Auditions
- Will be held at Muskegon Community College - Music Building - Suite/Room 1210
- Deadline for Application: - Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
Live/In Person HS Audition Dates
Please call or text Mrs. Brechting for a date and time - 616-502-0554. If leaving or texting a message, please state your name, instrument, school and preferred date. She will contact you to make arrangements.
Thurs. March 10th - 4:00pm-5:30pm OR Thurs. March 17th - 4:00pm - 5:30pm
HS Audition material: Prepared Solo (if your solo has an accompaniment, please try to make arrangements for the accompanist to play at your audition)
Scholarships are provided By
West Michigan Concert WINDS & The Darrell H. and Rosaline M. Smith Fund, and the John L. Wheeler Memorial Scholarship Fund of the Community Foundation for Muskegon County.